Sunday, October 29, 2006

Day 13 - My Cross Country Adventure Ends...

I started writing this at  7:36 AM in the Atlanta airport
 
I had no problem getting through security and had about 90 minutes till departure.  I
enjoyed that extra hour of sleep today due to the return to standard
time.  (You remembered right?)

It's was beautiful day in Atlanta.  The shuttle to the airport was
waiting for me as I got off the elevator at the hotel...the Airport
Crowne-Plaza.  There was no waiting to check-in...short lines at security.

I had a great time  in Atlanta but it was very nice to get home. 
It was a direct flight to Albany and we landed right around 11:30 AM.
 
It's been a windy weekend here in the Northeast and our flight was a little
bumpy the last few minutes but not too bad at all.
 
My bag was half way open on the luggage carousel and a carrying strap from another bag was hanging out of it but I don't think anything was missing.
 
I do think I left my old digital camera in the rental car in TX and I have a call in to the
Lost and Found there.  Not a big deal really.  I'd downloaded most of the pictures I took and it was 4 or 5 years old anyway.
 
I last recall having it in Texas because 9 of the 10 kids did a rendition of that Sound of
Music scene where the kids are singing goodnight/goodbye to the dinner guests...and
I recorded it with the camera.
 
Other than losing the camera it was a GREAT trip.
 
I had 8 flights...6 trips thorough airport security...spent time in 5 cities...three hotels and three car rentals. 
 
I had absolutely no problems with any of it.  My luggage arrived at the same time I did, all six times...the hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. The planes left and arrived, for the most part right on time.  There were no weather delays.  The hotels had washers and dryers so I could wear clean clothes. 
 
I made some great contacts, spent time with some relatives and  renewed some old friendships.  In this day and age it could have been a much more frustrating trip.
 
I'm grateful that it wasn't
 
In my weekly newsletter I'll include a short video with the item I carried with me
that I think smoothed the way for me on this trip.  It'll put a smile on your face and
you'll want to run right out and get one for yourself.
 
Thanks for following along and for your comments.

Have a great day!

Leo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home