Sunday, July 23, 2006

What Makes You Laugh?

This is a bit off topic but sure to make your day! I’m on a mailing list that recently asked people to submit their favorite funniest movies. I found myself laughing out loud at just the memory of some of those movies.

Not one to pass up a great idea I decided to find out what movies make YOU laugh.

I’ve included a bunch of my favorites below.

If you need a memory jog check out… http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/laughs.aspx

Give us all a good laugh and let us know your favorite movies and any funny scenes or lines you remember.

Groundhog Day

Slapshot- In my carpet cleaning days I actually worked for one of the Hansen brothers!

Blazing Saddles – “Where the white women at?”

Young Frankenstein- “Abby Normal”

Airplane! – “Ever been in a Turkish prison Joey?” "Surely, you can't be serious!" "I am serious , and don't call me 'Shirley'!"

There’s Something About Mary

Kingpin

Caddy Shack – “Looks good on you though!”

Planes Trains and Automobiles

Four Weddings and a Funeral – Best wedding toast in a movie!

Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

The Naked Gun (1988)

National Lampoon’s Vacation

National Lampoon’s Animal House

Raising Arizona – “I’m Barren!!”

Wedding Crashers

DodgeBall

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

Bedazzled – The Dudley Moore version from the 1960’s…although the Brendan Fraser version from the 90s had it’s moments too.

Let us know your list!

5 Comments:

At 4:01 PM , Blogger Cate Brizzell said...

Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers

Planes, Trains and Automobiles - "How about those Bears?"

Austin Powers #1 - "Shut the frickin' door!"

Napoleon Dynamite - "My lips hurt"

Beavis & Butthead Go To Vegas

Happy Gilmore - Bob Barker fight is a classic

My Big, Fat Greek Wedding

Christmas Vacation

Sixteen Candles

Uncle Buck

The Jerk

As you can tell, I'm not exactly into highbrow movies...although if it's not a good comedy, it'd better be a Jane Austen adaptation, in my opinion.

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger greenehawke said...

Few modern movies can compare with some of the classic original comics.

Marx Brothers in "The Big Store" created many of the slapstick actions that are repeated in contemporary movies.

Charlie Chaplin in "The Gold Rush" is original biting humor in a silent flick.

Check them out of a library, Leo while you are on vacation. Not many video stores carry them.

donna
http://dm.a1b2c4.com

PS
Thanks for your debt cruncher it has been a big help

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Marcia Francois said...

My best friend's wedding!

French Kiss

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger Brett Groff said...

Here are some of my favs along with some good quotes:

Major League - Hey Bartender! Jobu needs a re-fill

Caddyshack - Do you do drugs Danny?

Naked Gun - Don't you know how a man can hurt inside?

Airplane! - We've got to get these people to a hospital. What is it? It's a big building with patients but that's not important right now.

American Pie 2 - You can do it Petey!

Austin Powers - Welcome to my underground lair.

Beavis & Butthead Do America - Alright, where's the unit. Uhh...in my pants.

Coming to America - What is that, Velvet?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Bueller, Bueller!

Ghostbusters - Ray, if someone asks if your a god, you say...YES!

Gremlins 2 - Fire, Giver of warmth, destroyer of forests, this building is on fire!

Kentucky Fried Movie - Terror, Horror, Death...Film at 11.

Monty Python & The Holy Grail - I'm not quite dead yet.

Office Space - Yeah...I'm going to go ahead and ask you to come in on Saturday.

Spaceballs - When will then be now...soon.

 
At 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite funny movies:

Uncle Buck
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Tampopo ( japanese )
A Taxing Woman ( japanese )
Bullworth
Mash
9 to 5

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home