Monday, October 23, 2006

Day 6 - My Cross Country Adventure...

I started this day in Hollister, CA. Several of the cousins live down that way and it was nice to see them all. Saturday it was 88 degrees and I was sweating!

I'm not sure if this city is what inspired the clothing line all the kids wear these days.

I arrived at the San Jose airport about 1 hour before my 1:30 flight. I checked my bags at the curb, which I've never done before. (They made it.) I asked the guy to weigh my bag
to make sure it wasn't overweight.

He curled it like a barbell and said it was OK. Good enough for me!

There was a bit of a line at the security check point but I got right through. My flight was leaving from gate C-9 and once you got through security there was NOTHING else to do but wait. No bathrooms...no shops...just two small waiting areas for two gates and they were jammed.

This was a flight on Delta. I can't recall ever flying them before. They have most everything automated, right down to calling the rows they were boarding.

Even the safety presentation was on video.

The flight was good and uneventful. My seat mates weren't very talkative..not English anyway. I did notice wood flooring in the bathroom! Fancy. We arrived right on time to sunny Salt Lake City, UT.

Utah is beautiful....the surrounding mountains remind me of Las Vegas.

I'm staying in Sandy, UT and it's a very new looking place. My GPS gets me around nicely
and without any problem. I found out where the conference is tomorrow so I'm all set.

I was happy to discover a washer and dryer in the hotel and I used it. They also have an indoor pool which I'll probably skip this trip.

I asked the gal at the front desk if this was a unusually nice day for UT and she said it's usually colder and snowing by now.

Apparently I bring the nice weather with me. Happy to do it.

I'm here till Wednesday morning and then it's on to Dallas, TX through Denver.

Have a great week!

Leo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home