Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Day 8 - My Cross Country Adventure...

Just like that and a week is gone.

It went fast.

It's been a beautiful stay here in UT. I brought Indian summer with me and they were very appreciative.

Today after the conclusion of the conference I was attending, there was still about 90 minutes of daylight so I checked out the travel brochures in the hotel lobby.

I discovered Park City, UT (site of the 2002 Olympics and The Sundance Film Festival) was only about 40 miles away.

I punched the address into the GPS and off I went. I'm not one to get too excited about scenery but the area around here is very beautiful. No snow around here yet, but it's on the way I'm sure.

The winding mountain roads looked on the newer side but they were not roads I'd want to be on during a snow storm.

By the time I arrived in Park City, the Rolex store was closed. Oh well, guess I'll have to get a Rolex on my next trip.

You can get a sense of the type of shops you'll find in this town by virtue of the fact they even HAVE a Rolex store. It was probably just a regular jewelry store but word ROLEX on the awning dwarfed the name of the place.

Tomorrow I'm off to Dallas, TX through Denver on Frontier Airlines. It's a total of only 3 hours flying in 4 hours so I won't get much TV watching in on this trip.

Utah has been great.

I highly recommend you visit.

Thanks for reading!

Leo

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Leo:
Happy trails to you, and may God keep you safe!
Hopefully you missed the 2' snowfall that affected Colorado.
Thank you for your positive E-mails.
I pray to God each morning before I get up to help me through the day, and thank Him for the struggles and challenges my Husband and I are going through.
I'll be praying for your safe journey, and hopefully you could pray for my Husband and myself.
Sincerely,
Kristi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home