Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Readers Help With Spoofing

In yesterday's newsletter I shared how I was "spoofed" by a "phishing" email that very closely resembled typical eBay e-mails.

I must have touched a nerve, because several readers wrote in to share their own experiences.

I also had readers offer some helpful hints:

From Vickie:
"I just wanted to add a thought to your info- you can forward those "pfishing" emails to "spoof @paypal.com" or "spoof @ebay.com".....they can use the info to maybe stop some of this craziness....."

From Beth:
"Leo, please reinforce in writing what you said in your video:

NEVER, EVER, EVER click on a link 'within an e-mail' that connects to your financial information."

There you go, Beth. Now it's in writing.

Even if the e-mail IS legit, it won't kill you to navigate to the site, log on, and make sure.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home